CHICAGO — Cavanagh Law Group received a Tier 1 ranking in the 2021 edition of Best Law Firms, published by U.S. News and World Report and Best Lawyers®.
It is the sixth consecutive year CLG has been named to the prestigious list. The firm was ranked in the field of “Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs” in the Chicago metropolitan area.
The ranking, which was announced Nov. 5, 2020, rounds out an impressive year of honors and recognition for Cavanagh Law Group and the firm’s partners, who were recognized both nationally and in Illinois for their multimillion-dollar settlements and track record of success.
- In October, partners Tim Cavanagh, Stacey Cavanagh and Mike Sorich were named to the 2020 Irish Legal 100 list, which recognizes some of the most accomplished attorneys across the U.S. who have Irish roots. It’s the 11th consecutive year for Tim Cavanagh, the second for Sorich and first for Stacey Cavanagh. U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts is among past honorees.
- Also in October Cavanagh Law Group was among the top 20 Illinois law firms listed in Chicago Lawyer Magazine’s annual settlement report. The Jury Verdict Reporter tracked settlements of $500,000 or more from July 2019 to June 2020. CLG’s award-winning attorneys obtained $18 million in settlements during that period, including $6 million for a man who suffered a brain injury when he nearly drowned in a supervised pool. The firm’s client was swimming laps when he had a heart attack at the edge of the pool and went underwater. He was within 10 feet of two lifeguards at the time, but they were talking to each other and not scanning the pool. The man was submerged for more than five minutes before he was rescued by another swimmer. READ MORE
- Tim Cavanagh in August was selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2021 edition of Best Lawyers in America© in the field of “Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs.” Attorneys are chosen wholly by their peers through a rigorous review process. Cavanagh has been honored on the list every year since 2015.
- Cavanagh Law Group in July 2020 was recognized by Top Verdict for reaching one of the top 20 settlements in Illinois in 2019. Tim Cavanagh and Sorich in October 2019 obtained $3.6 million for the family of a woman who died after medical staff failed to perform a necessary MRI. READ MORE
- In June, Tim Cavanagh, Stacey Cavanagh, Sorich and fellow CLG partner Jason Kroot were named 2020 Illinois Leading Lawyers. Fewer than five percent of attorneys statewide are recognized on the peer-selected list. This marked Tim Cavanagh’s 18th consecutive year on the list. Cavanagh is an Advisory Board member for Leading Lawyers and also was named one of the Top 100 Leading Consumer Lawyers in Illinois. He was once again honored in three personal injury categories, including professional malpractice and transportation. Stacey Cavanagh was named an Illinois Leading Lawyer for the fifth straight year. It was the third for Sorich and second for Kroot.
- Tim Cavanagh and Stacey Cavanagh in April were chosen for the 2020 Lawdragon.com 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers guide. The exclusive list has been published just three times since 2007. Tim Cavanagh was included in every issue, while 2020 marked Stacey Cavanagh’s second year.
- In February, Tim Cavanagh was named an Illinois Super Lawyer for the 16th consecutive year. Only the top five percent of attorneys in Illinois make the cut on the nationally recognized list.
The firm celebrated its 23-year anniversary this spring. Since March 16, 1997, Cavanagh Law Group attorneys have obtained more than $500 million for clients across the U.S., including more than 60 verdicts and settlements in excess of $1 million.